Wednesday, April 3, 2013

couple


Some days, the blankness of my sheets of paper 
(their texture and sound as they slide across one another their sharpness 
and smoothnees under my fingertips) is so striking that I feel 
as if all I can do is
quake 
and 
quiv
er

shake
stut
t
t
ter

twitch

a pop
snaps the too-fine graphite tip against a
F
loor

how did that happen?

So much idle energy
So little to show for it
So much time
Spent shuddering
blurring my perimeter
evaporating 
like 

s
s
s
we
at

I feel it ebb and flow, rattling back and forth
constrained
trapped
desperate to escape in ways my body fails to correctly interpret

Somewhere there must be a solution
a transform to describe this seasick oscillation
a phase
an amplitude
a frequency

all in flux
desperate to match
desperate to couple to the wave of some activity, some task, some path, some 
place where it can be still in motion
some
home

No comments:

Post a Comment